Invocation: Reverend Audri Scott Williams – Spiritual Enrichment Center
Pledge of Allegiance: Commissioner Dorsey
Roll Call: Saliba__Dorsey__Kirkland__Bedwell__Ferguson__Pierce__Crutchfield__
Approval of Previous Minutes:
- Minutes of January 18, 2022 Special Called and Regular Meetings
Communications from Mayor and City Commissioners:
- Proclamation – “Career and Technical Education Month” – Chris Duke, Dothan City Schools Director of Career Technical Education and Workforce Development and Dr. Dennis Coe, Superintendent
Communications from City Manager:
- Dothan Downtown Redevelopment Authority Update – Jamie Bienvenu, Executive Director
- Visit Dothan Update – Aaron McCreight, President & CEO
- Wiregrass Museum of Art Update – Dana-Marie Lemmer, Executive Director and Curator
- Dothan Houston County Library System Update – Chris Warren, Director
Communications from City Clerk:
- Application for a Restaurant Retail Liquor License (On Premise) for David’s Catfish House, 1708 Westgate Parkway, by Parker Armstrong
- Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor License – Class I (On or Off Premise) for Just The Tip, 460 East Main Street, by George Dunn
Public Hearing regarding the rezoning of property owned by Cliff Sloop/Alabama Electric located at 403 and 405 Metropolitan Court.
Public Hearing regarding the demolition and removal of unsafe structures.
Ord. No.__________Rezoning property owned by Cliff Sloop/Alabama Electric located at 403 and 405 Metropolitan Court from R-1 (Residential Single-Family, Low Density) District to O-I (Office/Institutional) District.
Res. No.__________Declaring certain properties as creating a nuisance, constituting a hazard to the public health, safety, and convenience of the citizens of the City of Dothan, and authorizing the demolition and removal of the said structures.
Res. No.__________Declaring certain City owned parcels of land as surplus and no longer needed for public or municipal purposes and agreeing to receive sealed bids for the sale of said parcels of land.
Res. No.__________Submitting a pre-application form in the amount of $41,330,930.00 under the Alabama Department of Environmental Management’s (ADEM’s) Clean Water State Revolving Fund, with debt forgiveness through the Bipartisan Infrastructure Legislation, for the Trunk Line and Sewer Basin Rehabilitation Projects.
Res. No.__________Submitting a pre-application form in the amount of $24,895,250.00 under ADEM’s Drinking Water State Revolving Fund, with debt forgiveness through the Bipartisan Infrastructure Legislation, for the 2022 Ross Clark Circle and Red Water Improvements Project.
Res. No.__________Appropriating $45,000.00 to the Dothan Downtown Redevelopment Authority for assistance in funding downtown improvements.
Res. No.__________Declaring certain personal property as obsolete and no longer needed for public or municipal purposes and authorizing the disposal of said property by whatever means is determined to be in the best interest of the City.
Res. No.__________Appointing Adam Dozier as a Supernumerary Member of the Planning Commission.
Res. No.__________Awarding bids and approving other purchases over $15,000.00 by the City.
Res. No.__________Approving advance travel requests for City employees.