Invocation: Brother Jim Tate – Memphis Baptist Church
Pledge of Allegiance: Commissioner Kirkland
Roll Call: Saliba__Dorsey__Kirkland__Bedwell__Ferguson__Pierce__Crutchfield__
Approval of Previous Minutes:
- Minutes of April 4, 2023 Meeting
Communications from Mayor and City Commissioners:
- Proclamation – “Lineman Appreciation Day” – Dothan Utilities Director Billy Mayes, Assistant Director-Electric Operations Chris Phillips, and Linemen Crew Members
- Proclamation – “Fair Housing Month” – CDBG Program Administrator Kelly Mierkowski and Dothan Housing Authority Representatives
- Proclamation – “Community College Month” – Dr. Linda Young, Wallace Community College President
Communications from City Manager:
- Employee of the Month – Tyler King, Police Department
- Service Award – Fire Chief Larry Williams, 35 years
- Annual Report on the Financial Condition of the City
Communications from City Clerk:
- Application for a Retail Table Wine License (Off Premises Only) for Popshelf Store 24250, 200 Buyers Drive, by Emily Taylor
- Application for a Retail Beer and Retail Table Wine License (Off Premises Only) for 7 Star Discount, 1058 East Cottonwood Road, by Gitaben Patel
Public Hearing regarding the demolition and removal of unsafe structures.
Res. No.__________Declaring certain properties as creating a nuisance, constituting a hazard to the public health, safety, and convenience of the citizens of the City of Dothan, and authorizing the demolition and removal of the said structures.
Res. No.__________Entering into a joint use pole attachment agreement with Brightspeed of Alabama, LLC.
Res. No.__________Submitting documentation required for eligibility of vouchers for funding allocated to the City under the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant Program to be used for street lighting.
Res. No.__________Awarding the bid, entering into a contract, and issuing a notice to proceed to Lewis Construction, LLC for the construction of two new fire stations for a total amount of $11,713,000.00, and appropriating funds for said contract.
Res. No.__________Entering into an agreement with the Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT) for the maintenance of a sidewalk along the back of right-of-way on Ross Clark Circle constructed in conjunction with a new medical office and retail commercial building development at 2870 Montgomery Highway.
Res. No.__________Entering into an agreement with ALDOT for the maintenance of a sidewalk along the back of right-of-way on Montgomery Highway constructed in conjunction with a new medical office and retail commercial building development at 2870 Montgomery Highway.
Res. No.__________Entering into a contract with Brasfield and Gorrie to provide pre-construction services for the Dothan City Historic Opera House Addition and Improvements Project in the amount of $75,000.00.
Res. No.__________Entering into an agreement with the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force Program for reimbursement of overtime expenditures in the amount of $20,000.00, and appropriating funds for said agreement.
Res. No.__________Appointing Steve Sherrill as a member of the Board of Zoning Adjustment.
Res. No.__________Appointing Stephen Holland as a member of the Dothan Houston County Library System Board.
Res. No.__________Declaring certain personal property as obsolete and no longer needed for public or municipal purposes and authorizing the disposal of said property by whatever means is determined to be in the best interest of the City.
Res. No.__________Approving payment of invoices for the month of March, 2023 in the amount of $20,672,120.01.
Res. No.__________Awarding bids and approving other purchases over $15,000.00 by the City.
Res. No.__________Approving advance travel requests for City employees.
Acceptance of a utility and drainage easement from Barry Cook Properties, LLC located at 161 East Main Street for the Dothan City Center, Phase I Project.