Invocation: Dr. Taylor Rutland – First Baptist Church
Pledge of Allegiance: Commissioner Bedwell
Roll Call: Saliba__Dorsey__Kirkland__Bedwell__Ferguson__Pierce__Crutchfield__
Approval of Previous Minutes:
- Minutes of April 18, 2023 Meeting
Communications from Mayor and City Commissioners:
- Proclamation – “Police Week” – Police Chief William E. Benny
- Proclamation – “Small Business Week” – Lori Wilcoxon, Chief Operating Officer, Dothan Area Chamber of Commerce
- Proclamation – “Tri-State Family Reunion” – Virgil K. Byrd and Darryl E. Elliott
Communications from City Manager:
- Employee of the Month – Karen Williams, Performing Arts
Communications from City Clerk:
- Application for a Retail Beer and Retail Table Wine License (Off Premises Only) for Shell 431, 2214 Reeves Street, by Dipali Patel
- Application for a Special Events Retail License (On Premises) for Sunshine Kids Kentucky Derby Gala, 2309 Ross Clark Circle, by Vishal Anand
- Application for a Retail Beer and Retail Table Wine License (Off Premises Only) for Super Station 3, 1676 East Cottonwood Road, by Prerak Patel
Public Hearing regarding the assessment of costs associated with structure abatement proceedings for properties determined to be nuisances.
Res. No.__________Confirming the costs incurred in structure abatement proceedings for properties determined to be nuisances and turning the amounts over to the county tax collector to be added to the next regular bills for taxes levied against the properties.
Res. No.__________Continuing the tax levied on property situated in the City of Dothan at the rate of five (5) mills upon each one dollar ($1.00) of assessed value and fixing the compensation of the tax assessor and tax collector for collecting and assessing the tax.
Res. No.__________Appointing Johnathan Clay Dempsey as Interim Civic Center/Opera House Director effective April 25, 2023.
Res. No.__________Agreeing to cancel the purchase agreement for the Houston County Farm Center property by rescinding Resolution No. 2021-417 and Resolution No. 2022-403.
Res. No.__________Entering into a Private Development Agreement with M4 Development, LLC for the installation and maintenance of a new water line and meters for The Cottages located at 203 Front Porch Court.
Res. No.__________Entering into a Private Development Agreement with the Houston County Board of Education for the installation and maintenance of water meters that serve Wicksburg School located at 1172 S State Hwy 123.
Res. No.__________Entering into a permit agreement with the Alabama Department of Transportation for the installation of a tap and valve for a fire hydrant, tap for domestic water service, and tap for irrigation service for a new Taco Bell at 3282 Reeves Street.
Res. No.__________Entering into a Service Order with RDG Planning & Design for design and construction phase services for the Wiregrass Innovation Center Project for a not to exceed fee of $2,155,625.00, and appropriating funds for said services.
Res. No.__________Accepting a Proposal from RDG Planning & Design for program and conceptual design services for the Wiregrass Museum, Theater, and Arena Project for a not to exceed fee of $120,000.00, and appropriating funds for said services.
Res. No.__________Appropriating $683,207.00 to the Dothan Downtown Redevelopment Authority for assistance in funding the revitalization of downtown.
Res. No.__________Entering into a Purchase Agreement with Houston County Healthcare Authority in the amount of $350,000.00 and accepting a warranty deed for a parcel of property located in the 2400 block of John D. Odom Road for an electrical substation.
Res. No.__________Awarding bids and approving other purchases over $15,000.00 by the City.
Res. No.__________Approving advance travel requests for City employees.