- General Services
The General Services Department provides services to the citizens of Dothan and city departments through safety, landscaping, facilities maintenance, and fleet services.
Facilities Maintenance Division
The Facilities Maintenance Division is responsible for maintenance and repairs on 192 city buildings encompassing 1,176,578 square feet.
- Manages and coordinates all maintenance, remodeling, and repairs, which includes painting, carpentry, cabinet making, dry walling, metal buildings, roofs, foundation layouts, plumbing, electrical, and air conditioning.
- Responsible for preparing specifications and obtaining estimates for external maintenance activities.
- Provide 24/7 on-call services for building maintenance and mechanical problems, as well as, on-call services for stadium maintenance during stadium activities at Rip Hewes Stadium.
Fleet Services Division
The Fleet Services Division is responsible for the acquisition, maintenance, and disposal of the city's fleet, which is comprised of approximately 970 vehicles and pieces of equipment valued at over $27 million.
- Supervising and coordinating the daily maintenance and repair of all city vehicles and equipment
- Maintaining vehicle operating and maintenance cost records, which involves evaluating information for recommending vehicle disposal and replacement
- Developing vehicle and equipment specifications
- Recommending acquisitions for shop equipment to promote greater efficiency in the operations
- Determining inventory levels
- Monitoring fuel supplies
The safety officer is responsible for ensuring that our employees are provided a safe work environment.
- Investigating all accidents involving city employees
- Investigating all claims against the City of Dothan
- Conducting the Employee Safety Committee meetings
- Conducting department employee safety meetings with all city departments
- Developing safety policies and procedures for the City of Dothan
- Conducting safety inspections of the City of Dothan buildings and vehicles
- Managing the city's risk management and insurance programs
To provide the highest level of support possible to all city departments and the business community commensurate with the "Dothan Way."