The Traffic Engineering Services Division's mission is to provide for the safe and efficient movement of pedestrians, cyclists, and vehicular traffic within the City of Dothan.
The Traffic Engineering Division is responsible for the following:
- Identifying and investigating locations for needed traffic improvements
- Performing detailed traffic studies (traffic signal warrant analysis, multiway stops, delay studies, speed studies, intersection safety, and parking)
- Installing and maintaining signs, striping, and pavement markers on city streets
- Improving arterial traffic flow and reducing fuel and other related costs to the motoring public through planning, design, signal timing, and installation of computerized traffic signal systems and ITS projects.
- Installing and maintaining state and local traffic signals within the city limits.
To report damaged/missing signs or malfunctioning traffic signals during operating hours call (334) 615-4471 or email email@example.com. After 3:30pm please contact non-emergency dispatch at (334) 793-0215.