Yard sale permits are required for all sales held within the city limits of Dothan. There is no charge for a yard sale permit. Please keep in mind:
- Only three (3) yard sale permits are permitted per person or per address each calendar year.
- Sales may be two (2) days in duration and last for ten (10) hours each day.
- In case of rain, call Permits & Inspections at (334) 615-4450 to reschedule within two (2) days following the scheduled sale.
- No advertisements for the sale are permitted in medians, on utility poles, on street signs, or on right-of-ways.
- No foods may be sold.
- Items acquired specifically for resale are prohibited.
Please view the City of Dothan's Yard Sale Ordinance for more information.
How do I apply for a Yard Sale Permit?
- Apply Online
- Apply in-person at the Customer Service Center, located on the 1st floor of the Dothan Civic Center
- Call (334) 615-4450